How to activate Brave Leo?

Description of the issue:

No asterisk thingie in the sidebar, how do I activate Brave Leo?
(disregard tags - desktop PC, windows 10)

Expected result:

Chat with Brave Leo.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.60.110 Chromium: 119.0.6045.105 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Only now having found there is a sidebar, I do not see the asterisk inside a circle as described in https://brave.com/leo/ and the video therein.

Can someone please explain? Thank you!

Carla Gomes

2 Likes

Is anyone going to answer this? I have the same problem and can’t see it in the sidebar or see the icon when typing in the address bar.

1 Like

Hi Carla

Since no one seems to want to answer this question I happened to search through the community about other users not being able to use Leo. I found this solution to activate it:

1. Type this in your address bar: brave://flags/#brave-ai-chat
  2. Activate Brave AI chat (Notice that this says it’s an experimental feature, even though they have said it’s ready for all users of version 1.60 on desktop, so I am not sure what can happen)
  3. They say it’s being rolled out over the next few days from Nov. 2. - I’m not sure how long a few days are to Brave, but I’d say 7 days is more than that, and without an update saying that the feature is delayed I have to guess they either don’t care about informing us or haven’t rolled it out to everyone for some reason.

I hope this helps

1 Like

Thank you! I will try and let you know!

It seems that flag is already enabled…

I have Leo!
I typed * at the adress bar and lo&behold I had the option!
I now have it on the sidebar, with a button to Begin!
Yes!
Thank you!

That’s great news. Seems you have access to more than me then. I still can’t access it in my adress bar unfortunately.

Maybe they are slowly rolling it out, and it will come to you. Keep trying - just type * at the address bar on a New Tab - it worked for me, and had my first chat with Leo!
Thank you for your help! All the best!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.