How set brave Aggressive fingerprint default

i want all sites have aggressive fingerprint shields

possible here use some flags for example or other tool?

doesn’t this appears in the beta version?

2 Likes

android version not have this option, but thx for reply.

1 Like

oh sorry, I didn’t notice the android tag :sweat_smile:

1 Like

is normal, u want join and this +rep! :wink:

Hi @hiqamig, I’m using Release v1.22.69 and I know you’ve filed this under Android Beta, but don’t you have something similar to this in Beta?

I know it doesn’t say Global, but I did a little experiment. I changed site A to strict and when I opened a new tab for site B, it was also set to strict (seemingly acting globally). However, when I switched back to standard on site B and revisited site A (in a new tab), it had remained at strict level, and required me to manually set it back to standard.

Anyway, it’s interesting :upside_down_face:

Edit, I toggled the setting in the browser’s settings
and I visited twenty favourite sites to check their settings - a few were set at standard, the rest at strict. So it’s become puzzling to me as well as interesting now. :laughing:

1 Like

i have this but default is not aggressive, i need set this for any visited site set personal, but while i set this fingerprint leave from me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, created this account just to provide you with a solution but you need a rooted phone. Locate the data folder of the Brave Browser app then find a file named Preferences inside the default profile folder, it should be at this location /data/data/com.brave.browser/app_chrome/Default
Open it with any text editor then find

"fingerprintingV2":{}

Then edit it to look like this

"fingerprintingV2":{"*,*":{"expiration":"0","last_modified":"13267702928264979","model":0,"setting":2}}

You can also set the AdBlock to Aggressive the same way in the same file, a setting which is not available in the app UI at all, so I don’t know if it has any effect, anyway find

"shieldsAds":{}

Then edit it to look like this

"shieldsAds":{"*,*":{"expiration":"0","last_modified":"13267702924382016","model":0,"setting":2}}

Be aware that this contains individual AdBlock and Fingerprinting Protection settings for every site you’ve set before, JSON format, so be careful editing it as you may lose sites settings, the "*,*" is a wildcard I guess for every site and the key setting here is "setting":2

Cheers :grinning:

2 Likes

thanks brave team, now this working from settings! :fire: