No more aggressive fingerprint blocking?

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Go to Settings > Shield
  2. Check fingerprint block setting
  3. It’s now just on off setting

You used to be able to select the level of fingerprinting protection from completely off to moderate to aggressive.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.64.116 Chromium: 123.0.6312.105 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I was causing too many breakages, It’s being removed

I see, skimmed the release notes and didn’t see it mentioned.

Is there a way still to enable aggressive fingerprint blocking in the flags? Or is there any plans to re-do it in light of the said breakage?

I personally just lower the aggressiveness if a website is malfunctioning on a per site basis. I’ve only had to do it for a handful of websites too.

It’s interesting if you’re really seeing that on 1.64.xx as it’s not available on mine yet. I thought it’s not hitting until 1.66 or whatever as it wasn’t showing in Beta (1.65) for me and hadn’t landed in Release (1.64) on my browser despite the article saying it was supposed to go in effect on 1.64. I’m guessing they perhaps are doing gradual random rollouts instead of releasing all at once, which would be why it’s not hitting on release notes yet.

That said, they did put out a blog post that got shared around back in January. I’ll link that for you below:

** EDIT **

I take it back, it is in Beta for me now. So it hit on one of the more recent updates for me. But still missing on Release.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.