How do you UPload (initiate) a torrent?

When I google brave torrent upload/initiate I get nothing but download directions.

Is that because you can’t do so or is it a HUGE GAPING HOLE IN THE DOCUMENTATION?

Brave’s WebTorrent extension allows users to stream, download and save torrents, I don’t think you can upload torrents using it.

Type brave://settings/extensions in the address bar and enable WebTorrent if you would like to use the extension.

1 Like

Thanks. It would be polite for the documentation to tell people they can’t upload so they don’t go on a wild goose-chase trying to figure out how to do something they have every right to expect to be able to do.

Just to make sure both of us are on the same page - by uploading a torrent you mean uploading a .torrent file to a random website?

I should have used the word “share” rather than “upload”. Torrent is a peer to peer technology developed specifically to permit people to share files from their personal computers. In the context of P2P I mistakenly assumed “upload” would be read as “share”.

All right, looks like I misunderstood your question at first.

Brave uses WebTorrent, you can find all information about it over here: https://webtorrent.io/.

Taking a look at their website, the How do I try it out? section at the front page says the following:

See WebTorrent in action on the Web at Instant.io. Send a file to a friend using BitTorrent!

Or, install WebTorrent Desktop for Mac, Windows, and Linux. Try out a fast, lightweight, new torrent client today!

Which makes me think you would be able to share torrents using WebTorrent and then be able to stream, download or save them through the WebTorrent extension in Brave.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.