How do I stop brave from asking my windows pin on handling passwords?

It is a REALLY annoying feature, and I cannot find where to turn it off. So anyone know how do I turn it off?

You can’t. It’s a security thing. They encrypt your passwords using OS password and require password to see passwords so that anyone using your computer can’t easily “steal” your information.

That said, I do want to confirm I’m answering correctly. You’re speaking about how you have to put in the pin when you try to view and edit passwords in the password manager, right? If not, then answer I gave may not be accurate.

Ok, Thank you for the information. If they can access the other information on my computer the saved passwords in brave are least of my worries.

It was a reply to the correct annoyance.

It is just too bad so many of the alternate browser makers hate their users. I guess I just have to continue using Firefox.

1 Like

Hard part is the opposition of people. Just like there are many who are complaining and asking for master password to open Brave, to protect things like sync codes behind passwords, etc. So you get one group wanting complete security and/or privacy, then you have another group that wants convenience above all else.

Brave tries to meet in the middle, but overall the browser is first and foremost about privacy and security. Do keep in mind that part of the reason behind requiring passwords isn’t just for people accessing your computer locally, but are websites and all that can access remotely. If it was stored with no password and all, it basically sits there as plain text and is easy to take. Then you have bank information, emails, etc compromised. Often entire identities are behind our browsers. Anyway, just wanted to point that out.

Well, as a programmer one of the questions one should ask when implementing a feature is:

Does this annoy many people?
If yes the question should be is is needed/good thing really?
If still yes: then the things should be able to be turned off, as any other option just shows disdain or hate for the user.

So by all means implement a feature to ask a start up password, but make it easy to turn of for those who do not want it.

By all means have a password to see/edit passwords, but make it easy to turn of for those who do not want it.

By all means do a popup that you should update your browser like Opera does it, but make it easy to turn of for those who do not want it.

And so on…

Not having something like that be able to be turned off is just a signal that the programmer thinks they are better that the users, such elitist behaviour is common in too many big companies, importing such to other products is something that should be fought HARD.

In my case, I will move on and look for another browser.

and a small addendum: The reason why I am looking at other browsers is that Firefox suffers really badly of the “we are better that the users” that I referenced above, but lucky for me their user base is so big that there are extensions to fix all the major problems. But given their track record I am sure they will do some totally ¤##¤$% thing that is not fixable…