Home screen shortcuts disappear after restarting phone

All the shortcuts i have added to home screen disappear every time I restart the phone and i have to add again. These shortcuts include those “Install app” version of website as well. I thought this was a problem for all browsers, so i checked it on chrome but chrome shortcuts do not disappear after restarting. They were there even after I disabled chrome😶. So, this issue is not there on chrome. How can this be fixed.

Description of the issue: i just gave above

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Restarting phone
  2. maybe there is some other trigger too but idk

Expected result: Home screen shortcuts should not disappear after restarting the phone.

Brave Version: 1.48.171

Realme 9 pro plus, Android 13, Mediatek dimensity 920 processor

**Additional Information: **

1 Like

Hi there @kartik1210 please accept my apologies for this inconvenience. Please go to the PlayStore and double-check if there’s an available update for Brave you can install to see if that solves the issue.

Be waiting for your response.

Keeps happening to me as well, very annoying. Have to use Chrome now, just for shortcuts.

Similar to/same as this issue and this one (undoubtedly among others)

This happens to me every OS update, which is when I reboot. I use the built in Pixel launcher on my Pixel 6. I use home shortcuts constantly and this is the straw that broke the camel’s back. I’m going to switch to Firefox and an adblock plugin because the lack of traction this issue has gotten since the first report in 2022 indicates that it won’t be fixed in the near future.

@Kevin_cc Hi mate Sorry for approaching you this way but i am lost, literally…i am not very good at all this and have a problem i noticed you solved some time ago for someone else but can no longer find where it was…i am desperate for help, have tried everything i can search but to be honest almost 100% of this is like a complete new language to me…is there a way in which i can DM you? i know this is the incorrect protocal so i am very sorry in advance everyone

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.