History problems

Good morning. It’s about the following. Every time I access Google Translate (https://translate.google.com/), even if it only translates a simple word, hundreds, literally hundreds of records with the same time and the same title are created in Brave’s history ( Google translator). How can I avoid that? In any case, prevent specific addresses from being saved in the history.

Also, when I do a history search, to delete all the translator entries, there is no way to select all of them and I have to do it manually.

Thank you for your time and support.
A cordial greeting from Lima, Peru.

1 Like

Thank you very much, but why is it related to the Wallet? I have it disabled and I don’t use the Wallet at all. It seems strange to me that my query is linked to that.

Furthermore, the link that you have provided me asks me to connect the Wallet and I am not going to do it, since I am not interested in anything related to the Wallet. Anyway thank you very much.

You are welcome.

:kissing_heart::heart:

1 Like

@MariaClaudia Andy_dev is a scam bot. Support will ban it later. Good on you for not linking or anything. Unfortunately, all types get in here.

In regards to your issue, can you provide some more details? For example:

• Which version of Brave are you using?

• Which version of Windows?

• Does this happen in private window? (they removed ability to open history easily on this, I forgot. So forget this step, lol)

• Can you create a second browser profile (hamburger menu → more tools → add new profile) and see if this happens there as well?

• Also to be clear, you’re saying it’s History page you go to and that it generates many entries?

1 Like

Thank you very much for the reply. It already seemed strange to me that it asked me to connect the wallet. Well, here are the answers to your questions.

• Which version of Brave are you using?
    Versión 1.60.125 Chromium: 119.0.6045.199 (Build oficial) (64 bits)

• Which version of Windows?
    Windows 10 Home 22H2

• Does this happen in private window?
    Yes

• Can you create a second browser profile (hamburger menu → more tools → add new profile) and see if this happens there as well?
    I have 3 browser profiles (one for fun, one for work and one for personal stuff)

• Also to be clear, you’re saying it’s History page you go to and that it generates many entries?
    See capture (capture). Here it only indicates 149 but if I mark the 149, one by one because there is no way to mark all of them, the counter will increase until it is easy to exceed 300

1 Like

And does it happen on all three profiles?

Btw, primary purpose in asking to create new profile on testing is that new profile would be

• All default settings

• No extensions

So if something happens in normal profile but not on new profile, it tells us issue is with settings or extensions most likely. (Though can be cookies too, but yeah.)

Oh, I forgot to answer this. When you are on the History, especially like in the screenshot you shared, you can click on one and then press (and hold) Shift and click on another one. It will highlight all in between. Then you just Delete and it removes them all.

Guess what I was looking for was where it showed hundreds of records at the same time. But what you showed is that for today, there are only 2 entries. Then it had multiple entries for the day before.

You are right though in that anything you do on Google Translate will create a History. This is because they create a different URL. So just for testing purposes, I told it to translate Apple from English to Spanish. Then I put Pears.

https://translate.google.com/?sl=auto&tl=es&text=apples%0A&op=translate

https://translate.google.com/?sl=auto&tl=es&text=Pears%0A&op=translate

So if you are translating much, it will generate a lot of History. That’s just how that particular site works.

What is interesting though is if you go to Google and type in Google Translate, it will open up like below:

It does instant translation and won’t generate any History as you type in words there.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.