[Help me] Install Brave on Debian Stretch 64 bit

Hi good evening,

I’m trying to install Brave on Debian Stretch. I’ve tried it in every possible way. I succeeded when installing via Snap. Worked perfectly.

But since there is no official support for Snap, I want to install it another way.

Every time I get the command “sudo apt install brave” I get the following message:

E: Unable to locate brave package

I’ve also tried these other commands below, but I get the same error message.

sudo apt install brave-keyring brave-browser

sudo apt install brave-browser-release

sudo apt install brave-stretch

Someone can help me?

Hi, I’m not familiar with Linux, have you read this article anyway?

Thanks friend but I already did it.

Could you post your solution here? :penguin:

Here it is! :slightly_smiling_face:

I am trying to install on Debian Buster, and can’t find any mention of Debian in the Linux install page. (Somewhat surprises me as I saw a reference to Debian reproducible builds in the intro stuff???)

I may be overly paranoid (I’m here aren’t I :nerd_face: ) But I am not real comfortable w/ Fred’s tutorial…

Is there some simpler method than this, like adding a repository through Synaptic and using it’s normal package install functions?

Thanks

Debian is mentioned on the official Linux installation page. But strangely, Debian is only mentioned when it refers to uninstallation. I also did not understand why, either.

Take a look at the user comment “rook2pawn”. He was able to install Brave on Debian Buster.

I changed my tutorial, you also can try it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.