Google Sheets unusably slow in Brave Browser

Description of the issue:
Opening a simple Google sheet is now takes over 10 seconds and editing cell contents causes everything to grind to a halt.

How can this issue be reproduced?
Open a Google Sheet. The slow open and edit times happens across different Google Sheet files and different Google Accounts across Brave browsers.

Note, Microsoft Edge will open the same Google Sheet quickly and allow normal editing times. Nothing is slow.

Expected result:
Google sheet opens quickly with seamless editing (nothing slows down to a halt).
Brave Version( check About Brave):

Additional Information:
The following did not fix the problem:

1. cleared the cookies and cache for all time
  2. Reset Brave Settings to default
  3. Disabled all extensions

Having the same issue! Tried all of the same fixes. Brave is usually my go to for google could, but sheets is completely broken after updating. v1.44.101

Sheets are slow to open, painfully slow to try to navigate through (any scrolling, cell navigation, etc) and actions and updates are virtually impossible.

I’m also having this problem. I tried downgrading to the previous version but then I discovered that you can’t disable auto updates in Brave! Annoying to say the least.

Edit: Managed to disable auto-update with an edited hosts file and google sheets seems a little smoother on 1.44.100 Scratch that, still very sluggish.

Same issue here on Brave version:
Version 1.44.101 Chromium: 106.0.5249.65 (Official Build) (64-bit)

The same sheet works flawlessly in Google Chrome

Same issue here on Brave version:
Version 1.44.101

Hi @hazycontainer welcome to Community :slight_smile:

Thanks for taking the time to report this issue. I’ve made a record and brought this to the attention of our team.
Please see below the issue ticket:

Anyone else on this thread who is experiencing this issue, feel free to add to this ticket.

Thanks!

Dev Tools shows: GET chrome-extension://invalid/ net::ERR_FAILED which could be related?

• I’ve tried installing google sheets as an app
  • I’ve tried installing the google sheets browser extension

Hi everyone I would like to provide an update that our team is aware of the issue and you can expect a fix on it’s way!

Thanks for your patience and sharing everything above.

1 Like

For folks experiencing the Google Sheets issue, the fix is in our latest release 1.44.105. Go to brave://settings/help to get the update now or can wait for the prompt.

1 Like

Thanks, seems fixed for me.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.