Gmail Running Very Slow in Brave

Description of the issue:
When using Gmail, emails take awhile to load and it takes awhile for a reply to open if you click on reply. We are talking 5-10 seconds to open an email or initiate a reply. I open Gmail in Google Chrome and there is no speed issue there everything opens immediately.

How can this issue be reproduced?
Simply by going to Gmail and seeing how slow it is.

Expected result:
Very slow

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.41.100 Chromium: 103.0.5060.134 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
It has been running slow for weeks so it is not a one time thing. I keep hoping it will get better but no luck and am now thinking to switch back to Chrome so I can get work done but I would rather not have to do that.

What version of Windows are you on?

Is any antivirus or other security software (besides MS Defender) installed?

Do you have any extensions installed/enabled? If so, does it still happen with them all disabled?

Does the issue occur in a Private window?

How many tabs do you have open – and does it still happen if Gmail is the only tab open?

Is anything set in brave://flags ? (Anything with a non-default setting will be sorted to the top, and will have a blue dot next to it.)

If you go to brave://settings/shields/filters and ‘Show full list,’ is anything checked there?

I am having the EXACT same issue and several others on another post are reporting this too. I am on a Macbook with Monterrey 12.5 and have this ONLY on Gmail.

I did find a workaround, if you use a “Private Window” on Brave it works perfectly?!? :man_shrugging:t5:

I have reproduced the issue in the video https://www.loom.com/share/5efa2fd39a29496fa555a0c1d779749a

Any assistance would be helpful! TIA

1 Like

Hey @ToddW and @colderice, what version of Brave are you guys on at this point? If it’s not 1.42.88, please update and see if the issue persists – some Google Docs related issues were fixed in the latest release, it’s certainly possible Gmail was impacted as well, but I’m not sure.

Last thing for the moment, @colderice that video you shared was very helpful, appreciate you putting that together. I do notice you have a LOT of extensions loaded; could you try a ‘normal’ (non-Private) Brave window with them all disabled and see if the issue continues even with them disabled? Private mode disables most (or all, by default) extensions and that is one possible explanation for Private browsing behaving differently.

But certainly get up to the latest version first, if not already there.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.