Google Play Store links will not open the app

Description of the issue:
Sometimes links to apps on the Google Play store will not trigger the corresponding store page to open, but rather an error message popup as shown below:

If I take the same link and long-press > open in new tab, the resulting webpage shows an error message, as seen below:

I have already tested the same exact app links multiple times with 2 other browsers (Opera and Samsung Internet) and could not replicate this behavior. Therefore I believe it’s an issue with Brave browser specifically.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Find a link to a Google Play Store app.
  2. Attempt to open the link as normal. It doesn’t always happen, but an error message may pop up which says “no such app found.”
  3. If using a browser, long-press the link and select “open in a new tab.” Again it may not happen with every link, but a webpage may display an error message which claims there is “no eligible device for app install.”
  4. Optionally, repeat steps 2 and 3 with a different browser to see if the same behavior still occurs.

Expected result:
Links to apps on the Google Play Store should trigger the corresponding store page to open.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
1.5.116 (beta)

Mobile Device details
Samsung Galaxy S9+ running stock Android 10

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.