Getting "Your connection is not valid" NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Typed google into brave search bar returns “Your connection is not valid” NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

when I type brave.com I get a Error 1034 and I tried to turn off shields, allow fingerprinting etc and no change.

If I can connect to private window with TOR it does allow me to connect. It seems like nothing is getting past cloudflare.

That problem has to do with SSL certificate stuff not being valid, I mean you can almost clearly read that in the error.

When you navigate web and you click on the padlock icon in Brave, you get Connection is secure or not, when you click you can see the certificate, if it is valid or not, then, depending on your OS, it will show you easily where the certificate is, like on Windows.

In this case Brave website gets the certificate from Amazon so maybe it hasn’t updated or something, you should be able to see when it expires and see if you just have an old one so they appear as invalid.

Since you re not even saying which OS you are using or anything so it is hard to help, but if you are on Windows you can try to reset the SSL State

• Go to brave://settings/security
  • Click on the Manage certificates option
  • You will open the Internet Options window.
  • Go to content tab
  • Click on the Clear SSL state button

I apologize for bugging you

Well, the more info you provide the easier. Like you didn’t even say if Clearing SSL state helped or not. But I only know you are talking about Brave on Desktop OS since you talk about Tor.
But I don’t know if it is Windows or not or which version of Windows (if the OS is too old, it will probably not update certificates)

But you could try update your OS, synchronize date and time might also be the fix as well.

I am also looking you mentioned a Error 1034 and your first post where you talk about google even giving DNS problems.

Maybe you should try flushing your DNS? All you do in Windows if you open CMD and type ipconfig /flushdns.
you can also do the ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew To make sure your network connection gets reset and use the proper information.

You could also switch your DNS server, are you using something like 1.1.1.1? have you tried another one? Brave includes some DNS out of the box in brave://settings/security, so, it makes it easy to try different DNS servers without changing windows or router settings.

Anyway, I hope something I said will work.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.