Getting Rid of Duck Duck Go and Replacing it with Gibiru

It works, though, why is the resolution super low? Is it because Brave sets to a maximum resolution?

:)) I am running Windows 7 until it dies whatever ugly death has been planned for it… then I go Linux I also just noticed the other night that the resolution is setting itself to whatever level. I tried setting to what I wanted a couple of times and it seemed to stick…:))))) This is our life governed by evil, unregulated monopolies and oligarchies… whine.

Um, it is already out of support, but you don’t need to upgrade to Linux, you won’t get updates, but you will only get critical updates.

I see. OMG. I’m afraid I took the discussion all over… So sorry.

What I am trying to say is that the browser Brave has Search Engine Settings that won’t let me get rid of DuckDuckGo entirely. I got rid of all the other ones.

Brave will not let me put Giburu in the drop down so I can’t ever choose Giburu to be my default SE. So I tried to do a work around and update “Edit” the DuckDuckGo fields - but last “Search String” field remains grayed out and unchangeable.

Brave browser setting DO let me add Giburu under Manage Search Engines. No problem there now. But Giburu is not allowed to become one of the listed Search Engines in the drop down so that I can replace DuckDuckGo as my default. This happens even when I get all three “Edit Search Engine” fields right.

You have been a hero. We can close this thread now. Thank you so much. Stay please stay away from the shot. It is a death shot - either right away or later on. Watch these links and make sure anyone you care about does too:

I’m a researcher who is experiencing a lot of on-line filter walls, censorship, e-mail hijacking, etc. So, when it is all said and done, I will be getting away from Microsoft and going to Linux to escape Big Tech tyranny. Did you know in the US state of Georgia, a local municipality tried to pass a law preventing a father from teaching his son Linux?

I have friends who just got here from Russia. I tell them, you’re American now and you have to pick the right side and fight for the Constitution and Bill of Rights - because the globalists are turning America into communist Russia. It is unimaginable, but it is happening.

Take Care, 60Gigahertz

@60GIGAHERTZ

Currently only the default search engines that come with the browser and the search engine you set default manually are displayed in the dropdown menu, like I wrote to you in the very beginning of our conversation. It doesn’t matter that the search engine is not found in the dropdown menu, all you have to do is make it default manually. Once Gibiru is your default search engine, remove all other search engines.

Note that search engines are automatically added at brave://settings/searchEngines after visiting a website with a search functionality, that unpleasant behavior is about to change with the introduction of an option to disable the OpenSearch functionality.

It’s OK Rethanis. I can’t stay with Brave anyway. Yesterday I started getting Cloudflare attacks. Do you know about them? The CEO was the CIO at four Fortune 100 companies and left each one under a cloud… the theory is, he took the customer data with him… and now Cloudflare is one of the primary companies that aggregates US election vote data. Yick. So, anything associated with Cloudflare is going to be Deep State MIIC and pure evil. Cloudflare is the internet’s SS policeman on people who are just plain old end users.

Thanks 60GIGAHERTZ for your reference to the “Ahrimanic Deception”… lead me on a road of discovery! WOW! It’s all starting to make sense. Thank you!

I got this from Protonmail when I told them about the browser issues. I haven’t looked at it yet. For now you can find a list of our recommended browsers here:

Make sure all of your friends and family get off big tech platforms and out of wallstreet banks. We are in a war.

10-4 Kimosabe! Be 100% Outreach, 100% of the time. There is no media that reaches everyone. Prep for relaxation and stock up on food. Agorism - grow your own food or start learning how or something. Shortages coming in the next 3-6 months. Hyperinflation’s starting now. (Source: Solari.com which, believe it or not, is worth the $275.00 paywall) Where else can you find former Wall St analysts who also understand the Ahrimanic Deception and the massive corruption that has created the world around us by force. Steve Nobel on YT has a meditation that removes the dark energy of nano. It works.

Bro, what is all this info you are sending??? :thinking:

I am surprised you didn’t ask what all this rubbish is that is being spouted…
Although everyone is entitled to an opinion there are places to espouse that and a support forum for Brave issues is not one of them IMO.

This is especially true where the OP has been given pretty clear instructions to solve his original issue.
@Rethanis I think you were incredibly patient :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.