Exporting Brave passwords and importing them to a new computer

I have a computer that dying and I need to either clone from a older OS backup or do a new reset. Either way I need to transfer all of my Brave configurations and data from my current computer before it dies to a new computer or update the Brave data on the old cloned OS after I clone it to my current computer.

I’ve reviewed several suggestions on the internet from a couple of years ago, but Brave has been modified since then and those solutions no longer work.

No problem exporting the bookmarks, but I have too many passwords that I won’t be able to remember them all.

I wish it was a simple as hitting the export passwords button in the menu and then hitting the import passwords button in the new Brave.

So, does anyone have a solution to how to export and then import passwords in Brave Version 1.34.80 Chromium: 97.0.4692.71 (Official Build) (64-bit)???

Thanks

Hello @BMF

You should see both import/export options from brave://settings/passwords.

3 dots menu. See orange box ↓

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I see it now. Unless I missed it, it’s not obvious how you get to the import/export passwords. Solutions from a couple of years a go were convoluted requiring bat files and command prompts.

Just curious why it isn’t on the main menu.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.