Dark mode on all Web pages

Samsung Internet already has this and is implemented very well where you can have a dark mode and every website has a black background. This would be very useful as more and more apps are integrating amoled blacks which makes the whole user experience better as each app feels connected. At night, I can’t use brave because of the bright Web pages so adding a dark mode would allow more users to use brave at any time of day

Edit: just found there’s already a dark mode in experimental. Good but would be better with amoled black instead of grayish colour

1 Like

Follow this link to get dark reader extension which turns all websites into dark.

3 Likes

Is that for mobile? It seems like it’s for desktop only

1 Like

Brave for mobile doesn’t support extensions.

2 Likes

Sorry.
You can turn on flag:
chrome://flags/#enable-force-dark
It is available on android

3 Likes

@User11 @Annonymous now easier with the switch available from Settings > Appearance. 🤷

5 Likes

I tried this function, but its not the same like dark reader, because it also inverts e.g. duckduckgo where I have anyway in dark mode, that makes that some pages look realy bad …

I think it would be better if it would be possible to manage it site by site (default settings + that you can manage it anywhere it the menu or so)

2 Likes

Agree. The experimental dark mode in setting is a force dark mode to all sites. It would be better to have it per site setting because some site are not good to look at with it

1 Like

See my related feature request about Brave’s global dark-mode: Site-Specific Dark Mode

1 Like

I’d also like to add that this setting should also follow the system theme. Currently, setting the Experimental dark mode sets it on all the time, regardless of whether the app theme follows the system theme.

1 Like

I agree with this feature :grinning:

I am still hoping for news of such a darkening effect. The night mode toggle doesn’t darken most of my web pages, particularly google app pages signed into account and all device/account/browser settings = dark. I am using iOS app on iPhone 13 mini. All current updates.