Crypto Set up page will not scroll to show word selections

I am trying to set up my wallet and the page has no ability to scroll. I can do my word combination because it is below the fold.

@Scotsfyre,
Does it do this every time you try to set up your wallet?

Description of the issue:

No scroll bar available on ‘Confirm your Secret Backup Phrase’ page

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):

1. Launch Brave and navigate to chrome://wallet/
  2. The ‘Backup your Secret Recovery code to keep your wallet and funds secure’ notification is displayed. Click Backup.
  3. The ‘Secret Backup Phrase’ page is displayed. Click ‘CLICK HERE TO REVEAL SECRET WORDS’ and Next.
  4. The ‘Confirm your Secret Backup Phrase’ page is displayed. I am unable to scroll down to select required words.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected Result:

I should be able to scroll down so that I can select any of the words.

Reproduces how often:

Always

Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Version 1.2.43 Chromium: 79.0.3945.130 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Dpkg output below.

ii brave-browser 1.2.43 amd64 The web browser from Brave
ii brave-keyring 1.9 all Brave Browser keyring and repository files

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):

Yes

Additional information:

I run the Gnome desktop environment on Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS.

Hey @Mattches is this on anyone’s radar?

@anon59303588,
AFAIK this issue had already been resolved – can you try and, while on the Confirm Secret Backup Phrase screen, us ctr/cmd + - to zoom out on the page a bit? If you’re still unable to see the words after this, try “resetting” the zoom on the page, then check and see if the words are visible and/or if the scroll bar appears as intended.

Hi @Mattches , yes zooming out is a workaround. However, at 100% zoom I still experience the issue. See screenshot and the CSS change I’ve found that might resolve the issue.

The html element has its min-height set to 500px. When this is increased to 1200px then a scrollbar becomes active and I am able to scroll down to view all words and the Confirm button.

After this change has been made I can zoom all the way in to 200% before the the view becomes unusable. Doubt anyone is running their browser at that zoom level so I don’t see that as an issue.

What do you think?

1 Like

@anon59303588,
Clever solution :slight_smile:
I’ll pass this along to the team working on Crytpo wallets page. Thank you again for reaching out!

@anon59303588,
Actually I was mistaken – this issue has been addressed, the pull request is just waiting on approval – hope to have this out as soon as today.

@Mattches Awesome! Thanks for the info.

1 Like