Crypto wallets: password login fails, restoring works, impossible to scroll down in the wallet

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Crypto wallets, try to login with valid pwd reset before
    => login fails
  2. Restore account
    => not possible to scroll down

=> I have to use the TAB button on the keyboard
  3. try to restore with new pwd
    => the button “Restore” is clickable but nothing happens
  4. Clicl on crypto wallets on the bar
    => one gets access to the wallet

==> it’s not possible to scroll down. It’s not possible to add tokens
    ===> The wallet cannot be used

Expected result:

• It’s possible to login in Crypto Wallets using the pwd
  • Crypto Wallets never gets stuck
  • It’s possible to scroll down
  • It’s possible to add tokens

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.2.41 Chromium: 79.0.3945.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
Jira priority: blocker bug

Hi there, thanks for joining Community!

This is an ongoing issue. You can track the discussion here on our GitHub: https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/6442

We’ll pass your report along to the Crypto Wallets team and get back to you.

CC @Mattches for followup.

2 Likes

@Mattches
Workaround works - wrong pwd / right pwd
=> successful login with the right pwd

Scroll bar still not working
=> not possible add funds/use the wallet appropriately

1 Like

@lucaiacolettig,
Can you try expanding the window height wise and see if you’re able to view the additional controls (the scroll bar issue is being worked on)?

1 Like

@Mattches

Testing the scroll bar

Normal window size
=> scroll bar works, “add funds” not seen

Full-screen mode
=> “add funds” is seen but still too close to the edge

In “Confirm your Secret Backup Phrase” the window is cut at the bottom
=> not possible to confirm the backup phrase

@lucaiacolettig,
Thank you for the testing – really appreciate that.
I talked to the team and it seems that we do have a fix for this on its way – in the interim, you should be able to zoom out on the page (cmd + -- or ctrl + --) to view any contents that are cut off.

1 Like

@Mattches Thank you for replying - it’s great to contribute (a tiny bit) to the development of the decentralised web!

Tested by zooming out
=> the bottom is still cut off

@lucaiacolettig,
Whoa – I honestly have not seen that happen before! Let me reach out to a team member working on the Crypto Wallets page right now and see if I can get more eyes on it.
Appreciate your patience.

1 Like

@lucaiacolettig thanks for your reports.

In your last screenshot, it appears you are inside a notification window. This is a smaller window that appears for signing transactions and connecting to dapps, it is not optimized for for viewing the main account page. (Note we have UI fixes planned to go out next week that should alleviate these issues)

For what @Mattches suggested as far as zooming out, can you navigate to your main account view via brave://wallet within a Brave browser tab and try it there?

Here is my view for example, at 50% zoom, you may need more or less depending on how many tokens you have.

@lucaiacolettig alternatively, if you are trying to add a token, you can navigate to: chrome-extension://odbfpeeihdkbihmopkbjmoonfanlbfcl/home.html#add-token to go straight to that view

1 Like

@ryanml That’s correct, the second screenshot I posted was of the notification window. With that one is quite tricky to interact with some dapps…

The first screenshot instead is of the main wallet.

Yes, the solution @Mattches suggested works as expected

The workaround you suggested with chrome-extension://odbfpeeihdkbihmopkbjmoonfanlbfcl/home.html#add-token
works as expected

Keep me updated on the development!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.