Creation of Brave Portable installation

I really believe that the Brave Portable is a must. Almost all serious browsers they have also portable installation variation for portable units. There is no reason to not have Brave Portable. We live in an era of portable devices, hard drives. So i call for this, please.

For my computer(s) i need 2nd Brave installation which will be placed on a portable unit (hard drive) that i use on another computers. I need the Brave “on the fly” or “in the air”, i need one Brave environment sharing many of my computers while i have it on a portable device (USB, hard drives, etc.) -> this is why portable idea exists. And it makes sense!

Let’s make Brave Portable, please!

1 Like

There’s no plan to have an official portable app afaik. https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/3880#issuecomment-476322205

And why not to reconsider this?? I really miss this.

As “My1” user wrote…
"A portable version, an official one would be crazy awesome."

1 Like

is this legit?

Same answer @mast3r1. Not an official build.

1 Like

hey i didnt think so. THANKS!

What the developers need to understand is, there’s a reason this keeps coming up:

Because it is necessary.

and any “excuse” one might regurgitate from the rote talking points of the arbitrary past to the contrary are simply wrong.

Honest users would be remiss if we did not continue attempting to CORRECT this behavior.

I work for a company where I do not have “permission” to permanently install any software. You’d think that this would imply that they have good data security, but that is NOT the case. The people in charge of information technology here only know enough to get themselves into trouble and pin it on someone else. I can’t just magic up a new job for myself and ASIDE from this one sticking point, I otherwise actually like my job. But in order to keep my neck off the chopping block, I resort to using applications that don’t require me to request admin credentials, but are LESS POROUS to intrusion than the software that management has approved.

Brave would be a great piece of software for this, but since there is no official portable version that I can trust, it gets left out of my toolkit.

For all of Brave’s vaunted rhetoric of security and independence,
I’d like to think that Brave can do better than this.

1 Like

i upvoted. its a must. plus why does brave install google updater when I install it? I install opera and it doesnt install it. but i use opera portable so it doesnt install extra services like this! :angry: I dislike google chrome and google services

I have the same question, and “Portapps” doesn’t update the software version instantly.

The current version is “v1.34.80,” which is several months behind the most recent release.
I also hope that a portable version of the Brave browser can be made available officially; after all, office computers do not allow employees to install the software.

Looking for an official portable version too.