Context menu missing how do i downgrade brave

Fresh install of Brave 1.0.77 Chromium71.0.3578.99
On a new LG Q6.

Suprised to find i had no context menu. Previously had been using Brave on a LG G3 without issues. Tried uninstall and reinstall. Did not work. Reset phone to factory settings and tried a fresh install again. Still no context menu.

I have been reading alot that says this issue will be fixed in the next update. What i havent seen is when that update will be available.

My questions are:

is there a way to downgrade to a previous version of Brave where the context menu still works and how?

When is the release date for the version with working context menus? (I have to make a calendar reminder to install when its fixed)

Please forgive this question if it is not allowed or if it is the wrong place. Although Brave has alot of amazing features (adblocking etc) i regularily use the context menus, and without them brave is not an option for me at this time :frowning_face: i was wondering if anyone could recommend (pm) an alternate browser to use in the interm. (Again my apologies if this is not the place to ask that question)

Thanks for reaching out.
The update schedule for Android is a little unreliable right now. This is because we’re working on restructuring a few things internally with respect to our code-base and how Brave updates on each platform.

We had a few complications with the update with the context menu fix included and hope to have it pushed out as soon as possible. I know that’s not a very satisfying answer and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.