Close tabs left (focus left after close)

Good afternoon,

Since I’m a new Brave user I may be missing this in the preferences for this request. What I would like to be able to do is close a tab and have the left tab take focus. I tend to close tabs to the left, which makes sense as we tend to open tabs left to right and so closing older tabs is what we usually do.

Some times when I’m doing research I’ll open several tabs in a row and then when I’m done, I want to close them all in sequence to the left.

Even just having the option to change the default behaviour to always focus the left tab from the one just tab just closed.

Cheers,
-Chris

2 Likes

If you start with the tab on the right most side, it’ll automatically go to the left if you close that tab. :slight_smile:

I guess it’s just the way I work, I like to close to the left. Is this something that could be added to the roadmap?

I will definitely add it to our list of desired features :slight_smile:

1 Like

Totally agree with cjones. It may be a small thing, but it might send me back from Brave to my previous browser. Any news on when this ‘desired feature’ might become a feature? H.

1 Like

Agreed. It’s a minor thing, but it would be a nice option to have.

After having it like this for years and years in others browsers, this options would be great for one’s muscle memory. This is how it works in Chromium, Firefox, Opera and if I remember correctly, Chrome.

I see others have made this feature request in the past as well: