Clicking Brave Shield Icon Crashes Brave Instantly

How can this issue be reproduced?
Click the Brave Shield Icon, on Mac 12.3.1

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Brave is running v V1.38.115

Related issues

@Mattches

Using a Mac, I found that . . .

Clicking on the site-specific Shields (Lion) icon that promptly displays its panel, causes a new process to show in the Brave Browser > Task Manager, called:

Private Extension: Brave

That new process - according to the BB Task Manager - uses no memory, nor CPU, and has no Process ID (“PID”).

All that is in addition to a pre-existing:

Private Extension: Brave

. . . that does use memory, a variable amount of CPU on occasion, and has a PID.

If any of that, helps diagnose.

@subtopic,

Would you mind trying to create a new test profile (ensure you close the original profile window you had open), browse for a bit using it, and tell me if Brave behaves the same way when using it?

I don’t know why, but today it isn’t happening…

same, sometimes my brave crash when click the lion icon, sometimes it didn’t (At least like a week ago, but it happened again)

@subtopic

I am having the same issue from a week or so. I changed the flag too as many recommended, did not help much. It is quite random but persistent too.

Tried getting one of my friends to use brave, within 10min of him trying it, he ended up in this issue.

Thank you all for reporting. Reaching out to the team with this now — appreciate everyone’s patience.

Additionally, would be helpful to have the crash report IDs in brave://crashes so we can look closer at the issue. If Automatic crash reporting is already enabled, please reply here with the crash report ID found on the brave://crashes page. If it is not enabled (and you want to keep it this way), click the Send crash report button on that page, then reply with the crash report ID that is generated.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.