Changing tabs isn't working properly

@Mattches

Switching tabs isn’t happening properly.

Scenario: I’ve pinned few tabs in my browser. Trying to go from one tab to other using keys

control + shift + tab

Expected: Tab should change from one after the other. But the browser is behaving weirdly.

Tabs are changing unevenly and picking the random one instead of going to the next tab.

1 Like

@Rohit552,
Ctrl + Shift + Tab should move to the previous open tab.
Ctrl + tab should move to the next open tab.

Can you elaborate on what is actually happening or share a short screen recording of the behavior?

Exactly when I follow the first option, the behaviour isn’t happening as expected.
Here’s the video for your reference @Mattches

@Rohit552,
That certainly is strange. My first instinct is that one of the extensions you have installed is causing the conflict. Can you try the following:

• Try opening a Private browsing window and see if you get the same behavior there
  • Try creating a temp new profile and see if the behavior persists there.

@Rohit552 Have you tried disabling Cycle through the most recently used tabs with Ctrl-Tab? I had that feature being enabled by default at the start. You can follow these steps:-

• Go to settings.
  • Go to the Appearance settings.
  • You’ll notice the option for Cycling through tabs at last. Toggle and try it again.
1 Like

Yahooo!!

@ZEUSGMJ I don’t remember when this Cycle through the most recently used tabs with Ctrl-Tab flag was on. Just now i made it off and its working as expected.

Thanks for the suggestion. I’m frustrated, with this small flag till now.

@Mattches As you said, i tried in incognito. Yes, there changing tabs are working as expected.

@ZEUSGMJ,
Great catch – I completely forgot about that setting tbh, that’s on me :sweat_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.