Changing settings while using accessibility keys

Description of the issue: Not able to tab/use arrow keys/enter/f6 past the selection list in Brave settings using a keyboard to get to the actual settings (left list to right settings). Unsure if I’m missing a simply key press but would like to avoid having to find a mouse every time I want to change a setting.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3. Alt E, Go to Settings, Tab/use arrows and enter to select option. Either press enter again and nothing happens or press tab and tab again with no results.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!): Press tab from from last thing on left list (about brave) and not jump to right list or press enter on selected item on list and not jump to right list

Expected result: Gets past “About Brave” using tab or by using enter.

Reproduces how often: Every time

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu): 1.56.14 115.0.5790.114 64-bit

Additional Information: Newer to using a keyboard to navigate so I may just be ignorant to a simple answer.

I just created a Github for it. Link below. Also going to tag in @Mattches

Btw, @DaltonG you’re using an far outdated version of Brave. You really should update when you can .

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

@DaltonG sorry it’s been so long here. Just wanted to give you a small update that I recently contacted some of the higher ups at Brave, bringing to their attention that Brave is the only web browser that prevents anyone from navigating through settings using the keyboard. Then mentioned how this prevents people who are blind or have other disabilities that limit the usage of a mouse.

As a result, they are actively working on it and I’m expecting to see a fix roll out soon. Well, I say soon but have no exact idea on ETA. But you can try to track the status of this at the Github I linked before, which is https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/33148

I’m trying to follow up with some of the people who have mentioned this as a problem before. If I can think of it, I’ll try to reply here affirmatively when I know it does land in the browser.

@DaltonG And it’s available as of today, just need to use version 1.65.126

1 Like

Thank you for updating with all of the posts! I thought I was just missing a simple shortcut in the beginning but after seeing it posted to GitHub, I realized it was some browser-related issue. I definitely didn’t expect it to be added or fixed so soon so again, thank you for helping to make the browser more accessible.

1 Like