Can't watch YouTube using Brave

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

When I try to watch any video on YouTube it fails.

Exact URL of the website in question:

Get the error for any video link I select. Can get to YouTube.com, just can’t watch any videos.

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?
No

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?
Yes, site works when I use google chrome

Brave version (check About Brave):

Version 1.19.86 Chromium: 88.0.4324.96 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I wonder if you checked your extensions? Youtube and its vids work for me… Could be platform specific as I run a mac, but youtube vids worked for me on my window puter at work…

@embracesuccess,
can you please be more specific? You say that you get an error when trying to watch any video – what error are you getting (feel free to take a screen shot of it if necessary)? What Operating System are you using? If you open a private window and go to Youtube.com and try to stream content, do you get the same issue?

I can’t subscribe to any channels when I’m using Brave. I can using FireFox though?

@mysweetspot,
Try clearing cache/browsing data for Youtube.com (click the lock icon in the address bar, then Site settings --> Clear data) and see if you are able to subscribe to channels.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.