Can't install 'No update is available.'

I know there is .deb files but I didn’t see anyone when I looked.
I don’t wan’t to use the .deb file because of the manual update.
I wan’t it to update when I run apt-get update and apt-get upgrade.
Refering to: Alternatively you can install the deb directly but then you won’t get automatic upgrades (NOT recommended):
Otherwise I would have downloaded it. But I can’t really understand why there will be no updates when you update as usual when other softwares with .deb files can do that.

I you have the repository added to the sources list, once update servers are online you will be able to update by running sudo apt update/upgrade. I only mentioned to run the .deb files for now as a workaround. You can always for the server to come online for the auto update to work.

1 Like

Okay. Than I understand. I wait until the servers are back online again.

As a clarification, I always download the .exe file for windows and not .zip files.
There is no mention of 32 or 64 not in the installer. But based on the OS the installer will fetch the correct installer from online, I guess.

You do have a stub installer for 32bit (BraveBrowserBetaSetup32.exe) and 64bit (BraveBrowserBetaSetup.exe). There is no offline installer available yet.

Yes that is correct.

1 Like

Just wanted to say that I could install Brave browser beta in Peppermint Linux now.
I am sure I will enjoy the browser. Seems fast and good and can be even greater with some more work.
I believe this browser will be better then any other browser I have tried and thats’s a lot of different browsers such as Firefox, Cyberfox, Chrome/Chromium, konqueror, midori and others. I even believe it will be a real rival to IE, Firefox and Chrome. This browser beats them all.

3 Likes

The update servers are back online. You can now update to the latest version on Beta and Dev

6 Likes