Can't Find Brave Desktop Sync Option in Browser

**Description of the issue:
I’m attempting to sync my Brave bookmark data to another computer; however, after following the instructions I can’t even find the option to start a sync chain, nor can I find Brave Sync in my Brave menu or Brave settings. Am I looking in the wrong place? Or is there another way I can accomplish this task?

**Operating System and Brave Version:
Windows 7
Version 1.4.96 Chromium: 80.0.3987.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Sync on desktop is temporarily disabled. Some information can be found here Sync greyed out

The team is working on it – to make it available again.

On desktop, if it’s only bookmarks, you can export your bookmarks as HTML and import it to another computer.

Thanks

1 Like

hi, everyone. in my case, i want to import from my desktop to my android. Can someone tell me how, please?

so, i am new to this community board. been using Brave for roughly 6 mos. LOVE IT. I was having an issue with buying a new device and NO SYNC! well, I decided; after watching things go from bad to WORSE here in this thread; to try something ELSE: I EXPORTED my Bookmarks & Passwords to a random folder, I DRAFTED an email to myself and stuck both files in it, SAVED THE EMAIL -> I DID NOT SEND IT!<- Opened up Brave on NEW DEVICE and logged into email… went to drafts, DL’d both to the SAME random file. Then I IMPORTED each file to it’s RESPECTIVE place. deleted the draft email. I am still NOT SYNCED, but now I can function! lol

Hoped this method helps for someone.

Peace
AVM

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.