Can't access eBay

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:

How can this issue be reproduced?

First attempt at using Brave for online privacy but immediately I’m struggling to access pages on ebay. I get the following message:

The eBay mobile website is no longer supported on this device. Access all your eBay activity from your desktop or a supported Apple, Android or Blackberry mobile device.

Any help please? Thank you.

Brave version - 1.33.106

Mobile: Motorola G10

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Mobile Device details

Additional Information:

Hi James,
One of the main reasons I wanted to use Brave was that eBay probe your ports :laughing: apologies :laughing:. I don’t want them doing this. If I disable the Brave shield isn’t that defeating the purpose of using Brave? :slightly_smiling_face:

I just tested ebay on my Galaxy Zfold3, was able to login. Though it did want to use my ebay app when I attempted to search.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.