Cannot Select Region for Brave Rewards

So I noticed today, 12/2/22 t hat I need to select a region to continue with brave rewards… when I choose to do this, and click on the box to select a region, the only option is ‘select a region’ with no regions to select. I believe this is a bug…? Any alternative way to choose region?

1 Like

What brave version and release is this?

Brave Version 1.46.133, on Windows 10.

No I mean like Brave beta / Brave Nightly?
Or has this rolled out in official release?

I am unsure? It does not tell me that in settings. It only gives the version number. Looking into it, only other thing I can find is it was the ‘official release’ on 12/1/22 and that my browser is up to date.

Okay. I’ll tag @SaltyBanana

same here. Just happened today all of a sudden. I already have my location for ad relevance selected in my settings to my province in Canada. Therefore Brave should know my Country, yet no option is available to select on this new screen. My Brave version is -
Version 1.46.134 Chromium: 108.0.5359.94 (Official Build) (64-bit)
and i cannot update further due to my OS it says

I’m having the exact same issue with the same version of Brave,
Version 1.46.134 Chromium: 108.0.5359.94 (Official Build) (64-bit) on my Windows 10 PC.
Strangely, I’m having no issues with the exact same version of Brave on my Windows 11 PC.

Same on MacOS Monterey, version 12.6.1. Brave version [
Version 1.46.134 Chromium: 108.0.5359.94 (Official Build) (arm64) Same exact problem.

The problem is that Germany has kinda halted progress of crypto. The government is making hard for exchanges like Uphold and stuff. Also you just can’t have rewards being sent to MetaMask. Because of rules & regulations, whenever you need to send rewards or payments in crypto to someone, you need the recepient to have done a KYC / AML at crypto exchanges. So basically that’s what Uphold / Gemini are doing for Brave at the moment.

Same problem here, cant select region, tried even a soft reinstall but seems a weird bug …

can we fix maybe in registry or in some hidden settings somewhere?

Same problem here. I cannot select any region. Version 1.46.134 on Windows 11.

Thank you for bring this to our attention.

We are currently looking into the issue. Thanks again!

4 Likes

@WillTereika @styles666 (think I tagged you in different topic earlier?) @Jason_the_Gamer @ClementKent @helicron

Just so all of you know, team has been investigating and trying different solutions. So far, nothing been sticking. One thing wanting tested is to see if this might work well on Brave Nightly. Could all of you try to install Brave Nightly and see if the country selection will work?

tried nightly version but not syncronized account and lost frequently visited sites, i’d prefer touse the old one

@helicron Yeah, this wasn’t meant to have you switch to permanently unless you wanted to. Only question is if it let you choose your country when you activate Rewards on it.

If country is available there and not on normal Release, then it helps to narrow down possible issue. So that’s the big question. If you still can’t select country on regular but you can on Nightly, then that is a step in the right direction for the team to work with.

well on nightly it allowed to choose the country correctly

2 Likes

Awesome, I passed on that info to the team. Waiting to hear back from them on what that means. But hearing that might be good news overall. Hopefully others will also be able to advise if it works for them.

Downloaded Brave Nightly just now onto my MacOS 12.6.1 machine, when opening the app I get this:

@ClementKent Just so you know, no screenshot or anything came through, therefore not sure what it is you’re seeing.