Cannot open Brave download page in FF or Edge

NOTE: Any “one-liner” or topics requesting support or reporting bugs that do not make an effort to include as much of this information as possible will not be responded to. Repeatedly posting as such is grounds for banning._
Please try to adhere to this template when reporting bugs. If you think you don’t need to fill out every section in the template fill out as much of it as you can and please be as descriptive as possible when posting.
<---------Delete this line and everything above before posting---------->

Description of the issue:
Trying to download Brave for first time on my Win 10 desktop this morning, cannot access Brave download page from link at brave.com, get error instead of opening the download page.

Long-time Brave user on Android and previously on OS X, would now like to try on Windows.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. Open FF or Edge
  2. Surf to brave.com
  3. Click on Download Brave for Windows 64-Bit
  4. Get error page PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:
Brave download page

Reproduces how often:
Every time, from both FF 79.0 and Edge

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Win 10 1909 (up-to-date)

Additional Information:
Is the download server running or have the other browsers actually blocked Brave?

from my side it work fine try again or use your browser in private mode and see if it work i tried with ff latest version but on linux

hope that help and have a nice day

Found the culprit, it was being blocked by an old K9 Web Protection filter on said PC. Sorry for the bother…

2 Likes

glad that you figure it out and well done