Cannot access brave://flags

I am running Brave 1.5.5, Chromium 79.0.3945.136 on A Huawei Tablet running Android 8.0.0

I am trying to enable chromecast in Brave. Some people suggest this is done via Settings -> Extensions in Brave, but my Brave browser under Android does not have the extensions options. Instead I am trying to do it manually via the brave://flags page. However when I type brave://flags in the Search or URL bar and press (bottom right) it is not understood as an URL, but instead as a search phrase, so I am taken to DuckDuckGo search which isn’t helpful in this case.

So: How to tell brave to open brave://flags and not send me to the search engine?

I have tried this many times but can’t figure out how to get to the brave://flags page. I have tried on a linux computer, and there I have no problems getting into the brave://flags page, but on the Android tablet I can’t access it since it is understood as a search phrase.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

On Android, it’s chrome:flags. But I’m not sure if it’s supported on mobile.

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I finally found that chrome://flags got me there. But as you say I didn’t seem to succeed enabling chromecast anyway (a pity, as that was the sole purpose of getting the tablet…). So chromecast support under android is what I am looking for.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.