Can I use Brave wallet instead of Uphold?

Can I use the new Brave wallet instead of Uphold for Brave rewards?

3 Likes

I was wondering the same! @steeven @Mattches @SaltyBanana

Since the Brave Wallet can be used with metamask, do we still need Uphold, Gemini and so on? Will we be receiving our monthly BAT directly into our new Brave wallets? Thanks!

i suspect they will stick with uphold since Uphold did KYC.

1 Like

I’m new to wallets and crypto, so hopefully this isn’t a dumb question; but doesn’t using a local wallet also involve the risk of losing all your funds if the system dies, becomes corrupted, etc.?

And I don’t believe it syncs with your Sync chain; so a local issue would you’re SOL?

1 Like

Hi all, welcome to Community :smiley:

Brave Rewards is tied to Brave Private Ads. Brave Browser users who opt-in to Brave Rewards will see privacy-preserving, first-party ads in certain locations as they browse. By viewing these ads, users can earn a crypto token called the Basic Attention Token (BAT).Brave Wallet is a tool that allows you to buy, store, send, and swap almost any crypto asset & NFT, connect other wallets and web3 DApps, and generally manage your whole crypto portfolio. You can store BAT you’ve earned through Brave Rewards in the Brave Wallet, but otherwise the two features are not connected.
You can learn more here https://brave.com/wallet/

2 Likes

But can you share some guide showing how to transfer BAT directly to brave wallet? I didn’t find any guide showing how to store my BAT in the brave wallet.

Or we need to use the system of gemini and uphold to send our BAT to the Brave Wallet? (I hope it’s not because uphold and gemini sucks)

1 Like

Not if the fees from sending crypto to the wallet is the same as charging crypto into the wallet

These fees are ridiculous. 150% Fees of value is crazy.

4 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

What the hell? Is that legit?

Hi to your wallet and see for yourself :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: