Bug / Scrolling: Website jumps back to the top of the page

Hi everyone!

Description of the issue: Just Brave for Mac / Desktop: After scrolling down a bit, the website jumps back to the top. Works fine when disabling the Shields. It works perfectly in all other browsers including Chrome. Brave is on the latest version with no extensions. Any ideas how to solve that?

Exact URL of the website in question: https://www.streampicker.de/

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no) Yes

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off? Yes

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no): No, standard configuration

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome? Yes, works with Chrome, Edge, Firefox - also Brave on iOS.

Brave version (check About Brave): Version 1.43.93 Chromium: 105.0.5195.127 (Offizieller Build) (x86_64)

Thanks so much!

Can reproduce, investigating. Will update thread.

1 Like

Dear @fanboynz,
thanks for investigating. Do you already have insights on what could go wrong here? Thanks!

Was regarding the consent, (clearing the cookies) and then reloading in private window mode. Which extensions are you using?

Hi @fanboynz,
no extensions at all. Brave for Mac has been setup fresh with no extensions and changed settings, everything “out of the box”. The problem occurs for me in both normal and privat tabs, with or with cleared cookies. The state of consent also doesn’t semm to have an inpact. Thanks!

Can you enable Easylist Cookies in brave://adblock then reload the site?

Hi @fanboynz,
“EasyList Germany” is already activated (and the only filter activated by default). I haven’t changed that. But if I deactivate “EasyList Germany”, scrolling works fine. If I activate it again, the scrolling is broken. So it might have something to do with the EasyList Germany. Thanks!

Sorry, you meant “Easylist Cookies”. If I activate this, additionally to “EasyList Germany”, the scrolling is still broken.

Hmm okay, Need further investigation.

Try clearing the cookies for the site also.

Hi @fanboynz,
with activated EasyList Germany (by default) and EasyList Cookies plus deleted cookies, the problems remains the same after refreshing the site. Thanks!

Hi @fanboynz,
any updates regarding the issue? :slight_smile: Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.