[Bug] Playing long duration video (More than 1 hour) on YouTube in background, Player freeze

Description of the issue:

• While playing the long-duration video on YouTube in background mode, The Player keeps showing the loader after a few minutes (10-15 minutes) even though I have a high-speed mobile internet connection.
  • This issue is from a long time since I started using the Brave Browser

How can this issue be reproduced?

• [I faced this issue mostly while I was accessing YouTube through my Mobile Data]
  1. Enable the background audio in brave browser
  2. Connect lightning to a 3.5 mm connector and attached my handsfree to 3.5 mm jack
  3. Open youtube.com in the Brave browser then open the large-duration video more than (1:00:00)
  4. Now keep the brave application in the background after several minutes it gets stopped. Later when I opened and unlock the device and opened the application, the browser keeps showing the loader

Expected result:

• Long-duration videos should be played seamlessly because there are many videos on youtube that peoples use to listen to while doing Gym, Exercise, etc.
  • Short-duration videos are working fine

Brave Version (Check About Brave):

• Version: 1.45 (22.11.14.16)

Mobile Device details

• iPhone 11 on iOS 16.1

Additional Information:

• Please test this scenario in the Long duration video only on Mobile data and Keep the application in the background.
  • Please download the screen recording file from the link below that i have captured during this issue occurs

Screen Recording File: https://www.transfernow.net/dl/20221118nlwQ3Kfr

Does clearing cookies and cache work ?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.