[BUG] Brave for Android refuse to fill username/password after latest update

After the latest update (yesterday) for Brave Android, username/password refuse to fill fields on sites making the password manager useless.

When visiting a site, Brave’s password manager panel pops up as usual, but nothing happens when accepting the username/password - fields on site are not filled in or posted.
This happens across multiple sites which worked perfectly before the Brave update, and I have not changed password manager settings.

I’m using a OnePlus Pad tablet with Android 14 (latest update).

For now I have switched to Chrome where the password manager works, but this should be fixed ASAP.

PLEASE HELP.

EDIT: Issue has been fixed fixed by the Brave devs.

1 Like

Have the same issue, I try to use chrome to use my passwords while Brave is fixed and have the same issue on chrome so don’t know if its a android issue.
Also I’m using a tablet with android 14.

Its not a bug
Its a very big problem

1 Like

I discovered that if I temporary disable a navigation utility called “Simple Control”, Brave password manager form-filler works again.
I have used “Simple Control” for 6+ years without issues and the problem only appeared right after the Brave update. And there are zero issues with Chrome.

Im on android and Im having the same issue lately, unable to interact with the stored login credentials popup for each given site , so I’m unable to select the current stored login and password that is presented to me to enable the login to said site

edit: this has now been resolved in the new update.

1 Like

Simple control is a different app from playstore? Where can I check if I have that utility?

Yes, it’s a small utility:

But Brave have fixed the issue in the update they rolled out a few days ago :smiley:

Just to follow up - Brave have fixed the issue with the update they rolled out a few days ago :+1: