Bring back old "Tab" page style?

Just updated Brave on Android which introduce the new widget on the “Tab” page, but for the top sites widget it only shows 4 sites, can it be increase to 8 like before as it has so much more spaces below why limited for only 4 sites or allow change back to old tab page style? Thanks.

13 Likes

Please, please, please fix this. Mere 4 sites in the widget is not enough!!! This is the only feature I use for browsing, and you messed it up. Now I can see 4 sites and 90% of my tablet screen is blank. Why?
Atleast make the widget resizeable so I can have the 8 pages back…

5 Likes

Yes !!! Please !!!

C’est vraiment ignoble avant c’était parfait j’avais mes 8 meilleurs sites et maintenant j’ai plus rien :triumph:

1 Like

After Updates Crash problems, this browser is getting worse by the new widget tab only 4 site
It should be up to 10 sites And I add it by choosing myself as a safari browser

1 Like

I have to agree here, cutting the top sites in half and leaving the rest of the screen blank was a really bad decision. Four is not enough. The reduction especially doesn’t make sense when you take into account that nothing is occupying the space you “saved” by doing that. Do the developers even use the browser themselves? Surely they would have seen this and not implemented it in an official build if they did.

2 Likes

Before I could see at a glance my safety stats and my 8 most visited sites. Now, with this latest and disastrous update, they force me to navigate through widgets that don’t interest me at all. Fix that urgent. I can tolerate that the browser breaks since the last 3 updates (I know that they will fix it eventually), but that they do not allow me to easily access what I use the most? That in this age is inadmissible. We users deserve the possibility of choosing.

I agree that the changes to the new tab page in Brave 1.17.72 are a step backwards. There’s more empty space on the screen, you can’t see privacy and top sites at the same time, and there’s less top sites shown (down from 8 to 4).
I prefer the old design.

1 Like

How do you even get the widgets to show?! I just get a blank home screen. Now way to even get to the widgets from what I can find.

Anyone help??

Settings - > New tab - > Widget stack or something, sorry my browser is not in english.

I have the same issue as scoobflight i.e. the widgets don’t show up when Brave is opened.
I looked under all the options in Settings but I don’t have a New Tabs setting anywhere.
This is on a tablet running Android

1 Like

There are no such setting options.

So … How does one see widgets!!!

Under settings, new tab page, widget stacks.

With regard to the new ‘stacked widgets’, I am not a fan.

With regard to cutting the number of widgets down to 4, I am not a fan.

Truly, who decides that giving us more blank space with no benefit is a good idea? Have you (Brave) considered adding your fans?

That setting does not exist! See -

I fully agree. Please allow the user to utilize the free space on the home page for more Top Sites.

Wait, how do you get 4 widgets??? I can only get one with all 3 features available with a swipe, which is absolutely horrible. The rest of my screen is blank and I can’t add any other widgets.

1 Like

I joined the brave community today just to complain about this. I used to have 16 tiles of top sites. Then it was reduced to 8. Now it is only 4. A few more updates and the home page will just be one giant tile that says Google.

4 Likes

Widget on Android Brave? Indeed, can’t agree more. I don’t understand why this new feature has been introduced. It seriously limits the number of thumbnails of popular sites down to 4 and that’s it. What’s more, I like Brave but this new widget is rather ugly. I use dark theme and the popular sites widget is white, besides, all the captions below thumbnails show just a few letters and dots. But the number of thumbnails is the worst new goodie. Honestly, why do the developers waste so willingly screen space? It could be used as a speed dial, or show at least 12 thumbnails… I used popular sites a lot, now I’m thinking of changing the browser tho’ I love it. The widget is not a good decision, and the browser has been crashing for the last few weeks. Please, revert the changes.

1 Like

Well, you should be happy if you still have the old version. I hope it will be back …

1 Like

I whole heartedly agree. There is plenty of screen real estate on the New Tab Page, and theres no need to stack the widgets to require swiping. Please let us unstack them and please let us have more than 4 sites. And I’d really argue that last one for the desktop version, too. I know there is a very loud contingent of people who hate any clutter on their NTP, and want nothing there, but there are many of us who think the NTP is the exact place to put lots of useful website shortcuts. Please, please, please let us choose which one of these camps we’re in and customize the NTP accordingly!

1 Like