Brave window disappearing

The last couple of days, I have left my browser widows up like normal only to come back a couple hours later or wake up from sleeping to the windows being invisible. They still show in the task bar and if I hover over them they will pull to the front but it’s invisible, like it will priotize pull to front but all I see is my desktop background, and I have to close them via the task bar or task manager.

Hi @Arthewen , welcome to Community!

Could you elaborate the following below:
What version of Brave and Device OS you are experiencing this issue?
Does this happen everytime you leave your desktop running overnight?

It’s the newest version of brave, 1.44.112. and I’m just running windows 11, and it happens every night or anytime I leave for a significant amount of time.

Can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue?

You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

I have already disabled that

@Arthewen,
Can you tell me if you have any extensions installed at this time?

Googles docs quick create and I have teleparty

Can you please try disabling these extensions, quitting the browser, then reopening and then trying to reproduce the behavior?

Yea I can disable them and give it a try, I’ll disable them now and when I go out later leave brower up see what happens.

1 Like

Thank you, please let me know what you find out.

So gave it the night, its still doing the same thing tends to happen fasrter if I have more then 1 window open at the same time.

Pretty strange issue — can you tell me if this happens with any other browser or application or is it only Brave where you see this issue?

I haven’t tried any other browsers I can today though, but yes as far as I can tell this only happens to brave.

Please let me know if you see this behavior in any other browsers (and which ones) once you test. I will continue to look into things on my end.

Thank you

So been a bit checked my other browsers none of them do what brave, does and its weird its like the window just turns invisible, when I got down to my task bar and right click close it lets and even pops up the do you want to close all tabs warning. It just is invisible on the desktop.

Apologies for the late reply here. Again I’ve forward this information to some other team members to take a look at. In the meantime, would you be willing to download and install our Beta build and test to see if you get the same behavior when using it? Note that this will not interfere with your current installation — the Beta will run as a separate browser entirely.

Sure I can do that ill get right on it and update you when I get a chance to test stuff out

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.