Brave Rewards, Where did it go

Hello Folks,
Where did Brave Rewards go? For months now… Nothing, No rewards. Uninstalled, Reinstalled, Verified Wallet with Gemini. Nothing…
Wallet connected and Verified… Nothing…
I had been getting Rewards for well over a year, now nothing…
Back to FireFox? Is there now no reason to use Brave? I mean it looks to me like there is no reason to have Brave installed…
Yes I have looked into all the possible issues. Just thought… Well Brave didn’t hold up well and simply Broke… ???

Well, I can tell you that I’ve been receiving my Brave Rewards regularly. In fact, I just received BAT on January 9. I will say the amount of BAT has decreased compared to a couple years ago, but that’s due to inflation. Like on June 24, 2020 it was 18.50 BAT = $4.64. Whereas just now it was 5.60381 BAT = $5.72.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out payments are going out. I would make sure that you’re looking for people with similar issues, you read solutions, and you even tag or message support members if necessary. In addition, have you reached out to support from Gemini in case it’s an issue there? Also checking your Brave Browser to see if it shows how many ads you’ve seen and what you’re supposed to be getting?

dont listen to him, he might get payment but there’s a handful of people who did not. same situation gemini, and nothing. its ridiculous no real support. they say dm your wallet but they never provide a real solution. Idk not everyone is being rewarded for ads and that’s just the truth

1 Like

It has nothing to do with Gemini… Simply just not getting the Adds popping up anymore… Believe me, checked this and that… Driving me nuts.

1 Like

Around 09/2021 Brave went completely off line for me. It was working great up until about then…

1 Like

@evL There’s just a lot of factors at play. For example, some people like to use VPN and all, which can cause issues. It’s already been announced multiple times on these community forums that if your IP address and computer locale don’t match, you won’t get rewards.

You can see similar situations on their Github, where people had selected different time zone and all. https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/4221

matching the locale on WIndows 10 ( Español (Costa Rica) instead of Español (Latinoamerica) ) fixed the issue for him.

Then there’s also people who turn off notifications on their phone or computer, which then prevents the ads from appearing. Lastly, there’s also the idea of things like you can see shared where some regions no longer are being excluded. Check below for the regional thing I mean.

Also if you take time to browse through all these forums, you’ll notice that the bulk of the issues lately seem to be related to Gemini. I don’t see Uphold listed too often, though it does exist. Which is why I mentioned that it could be an issue with Gemini.

@evL The other thing is to ask if you’ve actually tried messaging @steeven or anything. Usually he asks people who have issues to DM him with the following info:

• Copy/paste your Wallet ID (found on brave://rewards-internals )
  • Your OS and Brave version (first three lines in brave://version )
  • A screenshot of your Rewards panel in Settings --> Brave Rewards .

This will help to speed up the troubleshooting. Thank you in advance!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.