Brave Rewards Connected To Gemini but Rewards Wiped After Computer Reset

Briefly describe your issue:
I had my Brave Rewards connected to my Gemini account for a few months now. That was the way to “Backup” your rewards. Unfortunately, after wiping my computer to clean it up and installing Brave again, my January rewards have completely disappeared and were never added to my Gemini account. I wiped my computer on February 10th, so I believe my rewards should have gone through to my Gemini account but they never did.
What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Windows 11 - Version 1.35.101 Chromium: 98.0.4758.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)
](https://brave.com/latest/)
Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
Yes.
What date did you verify your wallet?
Like, sometime last year in 2021…
Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes. Check the attached image with my reward inflows on Gemini. I always transfer rewards to Gemini and then to an external wallet if need be.
Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
I sometimes do.
Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes. United States, center of the entire nation.
Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
N/A
Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
I don’t use Uphold.
Verified-Brave

Is there a way to get my previous wallet set up? I backed up my iOS and Android wallets because they allow secrets to be saved. However, the browser version just requests that you connect it to Gemini or Uphold which I’ve been a verified user since I set up my website last year to accept BAT.

Unfortunately, Brave says a new wallet was created today. See image:

I know that since I was verified that the rewards should go through automatically, and I know that Brave and Gemini have had issues this week and last week (and it’s apparently still ongoing on Gemini’s side) but I still need to document this as Idk if I’ll receive my rewards since I’m no longer connected to my previous wallet.

Unfortunate that I just so happen to wipe my computer during this debacle.

@SaltyBanana @steeven

Hi, Did you try to restore your old wallet? If you look at the restore tab, it says you can restore your old wallet using the recovery key.

I don’t know what there is to restore. I was unable to backup my wallet because Brave Browser won’t let me. My wallet has been verified for months with Gemini so it should have just given my original wallet when I connected with Gemini.

Yep, my bad. I was confusing Brave Rewards wallet with Brave Wallet. So sorry.

If you haven’t already, I would DM the moderators with a link to this post and include your current wallet id from brave://rewards-internals.

Even though this is a new install, I would think they could access information about your previous wallet since it was verified and counts towards the “4 slot lifetime limit”? They may even be able to access the event logs for that wallet and see if the BAT was transferred. Dunno.

Just in case, i have included ways to DM a moderator since you are new to the community:

1. Click on their icon and select the Message button in the top right corner or
  2. You can go to your profile and create a new message in Messages.

Again, I apologize for confusing the issue. Good luck!

Yeah I’ve sent messages to @Mattches and @steeven and have received some feedback.

I would think they could access the information about previous wallets as well especially since I’m only using one Gemini wallet and have shown that I’ve received payouts from Brave to that wallet over the last few months, except for January’s rewards.

No worries on the confusion. No luck needed, just need effort from those with the ability to check into my wallet and see what happened.

Thanks,
Lasutriv

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.