Brave reward questions & issues

Briefly describe your issue:
Adds seen but no reward added, but my issues are mostly questions.
What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Version 1.44.108 chromium 106.0.5249.103
Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
Yes
What date did you verify your wallet?
6/10/2022
Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Haven’t tested
Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No
Are you eligible for Brave Rewards (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes
Are you on the list of supported regions when verifying Brave Rewards with a custodial partner (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes, but I just realized Yemeni doesn’t include my country so I’ll change to uphold.
Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
Yes
Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to a custodial partner?
Yes
questions

1. What is the maximum number of ads per day?
  2. Are ads not shown, or are they count in rewards if the browser is on but there’s no activity?
  3. Are ads coming from streaming sites. like twitch.tv included? If not, then many streaming sites have ads coming through.
  4. What is the difference in just seeing an add, and seeing and clicking it for brave rewards?
  5. Are brave news included as ads?

Hi

Please, first check here

https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/6539887971469-Supported-regions-for-verifying-Brave-Rewards-with-a-custodial-account-provider-

if Uphold or Gemini Custodial wallets are supported in your country.

Also check If Brave is supported in your region here https://brave.com/transparency/

and also the Brave Ads Catalog for your region here https://sampson.codes/brave/ads/my_region/

Finally, I hope the following link will answer your questions about Brave ads FAQ: Why am I not seeing Brave Ads?

1. What is the maximum number of ads per day? 10
  2. Are ads not shown, or are they count in rewards if the browser is on but there’s no activity? they show up on mine at bottom right like a notification does. I click it, if I already have my browser open it opens a new tab with the ad. I then close it. I also refresh my my Brave dashboard several times which will add to my count. Also, on the dashboard if you have news stories enabled, you scroll down and whatever articles are there, some will have a brave reward icon. You can click it and it will pay.
  3. Are ads coming from streaming sites. like twitch included? If not, then many streaming sites have ads coming through. You can customize your news sources which will pull news from those sites. Not sure if Twitch is a choice or not.
  4. What is the difference in just seeing an add, and seeing and clicking it for brave rewards? From my experience, you get the notification about an ad, you click it and you get rewarded.
  5. Are brave news included as ads? See answer #2.

Maybe you want to help, fine but gave a lot of bad infos.
Ads per day: no specific daily max, only hourly max: 10 (sometimes I received more than 30 in a day.
No activity in ads needed: there’s no need to open/interact with the ad notification to earn from that, as soon as it pops out system already added to your ads count and balance.
Refreshing page for update the balance: it’s only aestetic, the home page shows the balance at the moment of the opening, but if you check the BAT icon you’ll find it always updated.
What is the difference in just seeing an add, and seeing and clicking it for brave rewards? Clicking on an ad opens it, simple as that.

1 Like

lol. Lot’s of bad info you say? How is it bad info? It’s not like he’s looking for directions
and I sent him down a dead end street in the middle of the hood. Everything I said is accurate but I was wrong by saying 10 a day. You’re right it’s 10 an hour. Maybe inaccurate info would have been a better term than bad info. lmao

also I would say to maximize your rewards you do need to click the notification and open the ad and do as I mentioned. Just getting the notification may give you something but why would they want to reward you for not looking at the ad? I also say this because I have 2 android phones with Brave that get notifications but are not opened and monthly earnings on them maybe 2 to 3 BAT token a month. Same with a buddy of mine. from his laptop, he doesn’t open them but gets the notifications and he gets a few BAT tokens at most per month. I do click and open the ads on my desktop I can get close to 20 BAT tokens a month. I stand by what I said.

Theoretically or realistically? I mean, possible amount of ads per day is answered by g00z. I’ll quote/link it below:

Not quite sure what you’re asking here. Ads you get for BAT are earned from Brave’s notifications that are served on your device or by ads that can appear in Brave News or on your NTP (New Tab Page). Using your browser actively will increase the likelihood of you getting ads compared to your device being turned on and just sitting there, unused.

No. Absolutely no ads from websites are included for Rewards. All websites ideally will have ads blocked if you have Shields on. The ONLY ads you get BAT for are those you see in your notifications, in Brave News, and on NTP.

There are no difference. Clicking on ads do not give you anything extra. In fact, Brave asks Users not to click on ads unless you are sincerely interested in it. What is important is that notifications are turned on and you’re able to let it populate. That’s it.

Not news articles themselves, but you can see ads placed in Brave News area which will earn you BAT.

Sorry for “bad infos” words, yeah was late and didn’t find a better term, but I assure you -and just noticed @Saoiray confirmed it- open the notification doesn’t increase in any way the earnings, neither the ads increases doing it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.