I use Google Voice extensively and frequently make phone calls through the browser. Every once in a while Brave loses track of the microphone requiring a browser restart to get it working again.
- Attempt to make a phone call using Google Voice in a browser tab
- Call immediately hangs up
- Click on headphone looking icon at the top and see there is nothing in Microphone, dropdown shows nothing to be selected
I expected the phone call to proceed as normal and for me to be able to talk through my mic.
Brave Version: 1.37.80 Chromium: 99.0.4844.51 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)
OS: Ubuntu 21.10
I use a Focusrite Scarlette 2i2 audio interface with an Audio Technica condenser mic but I suspect this would still be a problem if I used my webcam mic. Also, note that I do a lot of Zoom meetings for work and suspect that possibly Zoom is stealing the mic and confusing Brave. Note I can go hours to days if not weeks with this working and then it will break. As I said, the tip-off for me is that I’ll make a call and it will immediately hang up. I then check the audio settings and see the mic is not connected. I cannot re-connect the mic without a browser restart.