Brave not able to screen share first monitor in Google Meet (second attempt)

Good day,

I have the same issue explained in this post:

“So the problem is I have two monitors, but whenever I’m on Google meet, I cannot screen share my first monitor. Only Second Monitor shows up when I select the Option ‘Whole Screen’ in Google Meet. Please help.”

Please help… Thinking on migrate back to chrome, but I really like Brave!

@anfion

Test . . .

• Set up Brave Browser (“BB”) to start up and use only 1 window; no other windows nor tabs . . .

• Close all BB tabs, and close all BB windows.

• In a BB > New Window, resize and orient the window, so that the window resides ONLY within the area of your first monitor’s display (no part of the outermost-fringe of the window, is near the ‘real estate’ of the second monitor’s display area).

• And then, Exit / Quit Brave Browser.

• Start up Brave Browser.

• Using a lone Brave Browser > New Window (or, if you prefer, a New Private Window) . . .

• Connect to Google Meet, and see if your issue is resolved: Can BB THEN "share the contents of your screen [1st monitor display area] with ‘meet.google.com’ ?

289wk thanks for your answer, sadly it didn’t work.

@anfion

Thank you for trying the test.

I have not used the Brave Talk service (‘https://brave.com/talk/’). You might test it between computers on a secure Local Area Network; and, thereby see if the failure (that is your topic / issue) continues to be a problem.

That would be good info to know, for Brave Support @Mattches

Details about your computer OS, monitors involved, their software, settings, and setup . . . plus Brave Browser version numbers, will help Brave Support.

Thanks again.

@anfion,
Can you tell me how your monitors are connected?

Additionally, I’m quite interested in what @289wk suggested

Would be good to test against a different screen sharing app. Checking to see if the same behavior when using Brave Talk will help us tell whether the issue is related to Brave itself or Google meet.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.