Brave News Not Displaying

Description of the issue:

When scrolling on a new Brave window, the News feed does not appear. The Clock and Cards gradually fade away, but no News tabs appear. This has been happening for about a week.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Tried turning News off and back on. Same Result
  2. Tried turning News off, quitting Brave. Then restarting Brave and turning News back on. Same Result

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave): v 1.62.153

Additional Information: Running Windows 10 on desktop

@Mattches
I saw in another post where users were complaining about new Bookmarks feature that you mentioned a Chromium upgrade in the latest browser update.

Could that be causing this problem with News feed? Or am I the only one?

Hello! Can you update to the latest version of Brave and let me know if you are still experiencing this issue? brave://settings/help

It says I have most up to date version. I did check that 2 days ago as well.

I figured out what the problem is with not being able to scroll thru the News. A year or so ago I disabled the #brave-news-peek because I didn’t like the pop up that was always trying to grab my attention and posted an article here: Deleted Brave News After Creepy Pop-Up at Bottom of Home Screen and received advice to disable that function in Brave flags.

Apparently the most recent version of News does not work with the “peek News” disabled. Once I re-enabled the “peek” and re-launched, I was able to scroll thru News again.

I also first tried disabling the most recent version of the New Feed from the flags page.
#brave-news-feed-update, but that alone did not work.

I assume this problem (not being able to scroll thru News), would only apply to the limited subset of users that disabled the Peek function.

Sure would be nice to have the Peek disabled, the new feed update disabled, and still be able to scroll thru News like before, but I’ll manage for now.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.