Brave must curate search results to supress regressive leftist propaganda that floods the top of the other search engines brave search scrapes, they must also start crawling the web themselves

That was only during fallback. Brave has been building and doing its own search results. You can check how independent your result is by clicking the gear united states - Brave Search - Brave 8_15_2022 2_56_11 PM icon on the top right of the page. Doing so will show how much is in Brave’s search algorithm vs others.

You’ll see in my most recent search:

united states - Brave Search - Brave 8_15_2022 2_58_03 PM

This means over 90% of results are from Brave.

You may want to check out https://brave.com/search/#censorship

But I’ll quote the more important part:

No, Brave Search does not filter, downrank, or censor search results. Nor will we change our search algorithm to increase or decrease the prominence of results in response to current events or anyone’s political, religious, ethical, or other beliefs. Brave Search—like Brave itself—is intended to be a user-first portal to the web, free of Big Tech’s manipulation.

However, there is one exception to this rule: We do need to comply with laws governing search engines, including CSAM, copyright takedown (DMCA), right to be forgotten (GDPR), and nation-state orders.

You’re kind of asking Brave to censor results because you’re not happy with what you see. That said, I’ll also refer you back to a post by person who works on Brave Search who responded to people on similar issues before:

and the comment made right above that one:

So yeah, you can see from the above official responses, they are working on it. If you want to participate, they explain how you can help. However, be careful on your own bias and opinions. We’ve had people here who claimed negative searches but they were very neutral. Their complaint wasn’t because of neutrality but were mad because results didn’t align with their agenda.

Goggles does exist and you can sort results as you wish for yourself. So if you want something sorted out or included based on political views or anything of the sort, I’d recommend you try checking out Goggles.

3 Likes