Brave GUI and Webpages are glitching

Description of the issue:
Since yesterday the GUI and Page Content of Brave on my Desktop is glitching. Even Menüs aren’t shown correctly.
I took some screenshots:
That is how Google looks:

That is what I get when taking a screenshot of the profile switch dialog. For me it is looking white and flickering. But on screenshot it’s showing this strange transparency:

The Brave community Page (Same here, I see white GUI flickering, but on the screenshot it is looking transparent):

I already reinstalled the browser (but restored my old profiles). The problem still exists under all profiles and even in incognito mode.

How can this issue be reproduced?
I don’t know

Expected result:
Normal GUI

Brave Version( check About Brave):

I can not check, because the “About” GUI is glitching too much. But should be the most recent stable one.

Additional Information:
I’m on Ubuntu 22.04 with X11. I have no problem with any other application. Even Google Chrome is working fine.

1 Like

i experienced similar issues today after a Brave update on my system just a couple hours ago.

i think it’s related to Text and images stopped rendering after Ubuntu 22.04 update.

fixed by running brave-browser --disable-gpu. then i disabled GPU acceleration in the browser settings.

similar issue and workarounds discussed here:

Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS
AMD® Ryzen 7 6800u with radeon graphics × 16
REMBRANDT (rembrandt, LLVM 15.0.6, DRM 3.49, 6.2.6-76060206-generic)

Thanks, I followed your links and the following command fixed it for me:

rm -fr .config/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/Default/GPUCache/
1 Like

The command fixed the issue on Linux Mint 21.1. But I had to open the System Monitor>Processes and kill a number processes that kept running after closing Brave before running the command to get it to work.

rm -fr .config/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/Default/GPUCache/

This fixed the issue for me, did not need to close any further processes as someone else reported.

I had the same issue. I’m using profiles though so this is the command that got Brave working for me again

rm -fr .config/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/*/GPUCache/

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.