- Brave keeps freezing every time I download something.
- Problem occurs every time I attempt a download. I have to use task manager to shut brave down.
- Brave version: Version 0.59.35 Chromium: 72.0.3626.81 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- Reproducible on current release: yes
- Additional Info: I am running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with the latest Microsoft updates
Thanks for reaching out.
Like what? If you perform search for “Brave browser” and view images, can you download an image?
Literally every type of download I try(.exe, images, pdf, xls, etc.) causes the browser to freeze.
Update: I downloaded Brave again via Edge, completely uninstalled Brave and rebooted. Upon rebooting I reinstalled Brave and now downloads are working. The last update must have been a corrupt installation.
Thanks for the information and sorry for the inconvenience. Glad that you got it working now. Should this happen again, I’d recommend clearing your cache/data to see if that resolves the issue.