Brave Data Usage and Monitor

Please can Brave’s Development team work on including a Data usage and monitoring to the browser?

My Brave browser is using a lot of data, as shown in the attached image and I’ve found no way of seeing what exactly is using all of it, whether it’s a specific website or something like that. (Please note that it’s 1 Day’s usage and it’s 30.6GB of data.)

Or please advise on a way for me to check what’s sending/receiving specific amounts of data and where or what it’s being alocated to.

@KingGoku90,
This already exists – simply go to Main menu --> More tools --> Task manager

@Mattches, Are you referring to the memory footprint? I the numbers I am seeing here isn’t close to 30.6 GB… I’m not sure if your way is quite accurate bud.

That 30.6GB of incoming data is from your browser usage.

Watch a Youtube Video in 4k? That’ll be 1 - 2GB. Open Netflix and watch a movie… that’s more bandwidth incoming. etc.

So, is this a feature request? A way for you to monitor bandwidth coming in?
If so, I think that is out of scope right now.

2 Likes

Exactly, so here’s the thing I am pretty sure I didn’t use any data intensive websites today, not even a social media window. No YouTube either, and I never open a YouTube video with anything higher than 720p.

That’s why I would like to see it more in detail to try and see what it was that was exhausting such a large amount of data.

I see.
30GB is quite a lot especially if you don’t think you’ve done much browsing. I can tell you that nothing we download during browser usage (like Adblock lists) is much more than a few MegaBytes.

Brave does not have a feature to monitor traffic across the browser in any detail, third party tools like the one you are using might be your best bet.
Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful.

I’m

Uploading: 2.png…
facing the same issue all I did was surf some sites and none of them was youtube or anything I even checked the amount of data each site might come to load. what I did was open the site I wanna check and click F12 then go into the network it will show the number of bytes or kb it took to load each element. right now it
showing disk cache but before it was 200 bytes approx for each element

Hi All, I found this post (and several others) after a disconcerting 50GB usage of Brave, which I cannot trace inside Brave, nor outside.

Decided to post here, as it is a feature request which is good, although wont solve my initiate problem for now.
(If you guys propose to open a new thread let me know)

This happened somewhere inside 30days as Windows Data Monitor shows (The particular day is not visible in Win as you certainly know)
Brave is Not the dedicated Video/Media Browser on this Machine, so this is concerning. I look up Braves History, and nothing points at excessive Videos, Music, or any Media Sites, Streaming whatever. (which none is expected on Brave on this particular Machine)

The Hint by Mattches, Main menu → More tools → Task manager only shows Memory Footprint at the present moment, so it is not usable for finding past high data events.

Only way I see now to potentially monitor this misbehavior is an external data monitor, either standalone software, like WireShark, or a Brave extension (your thoughts?).

Brave is an exceptionally advanced Browser, with many high security functions, and I only use it for specialized tasks, so solving any mystery events happening in Brave are highest priority.

Am I the only one recently having this odd experience with Data drain?
ideas Anyone?