Brave completely broken: I can see no texts on websites

This is how cnn.com looks like:

And this is how Brave settings (Version page) looks like:

I tried to reinstall (even uninstall-reboot-install again), but no luck.

I am running Windows 11.

Same with Google and other sites:

Brave version?

Does it happen in a Private window?

Same in Private window:

And I even can not look at the extensions list:

Brave version: v 1.42.97 (latest)

And I did not install any new extensions lately. It just happened, I have no clue why. Chrome and other browsers work just fine

Hi

Generally, re-updating solves the problem https://brave.com/download/

Taken from this post Most characters are missing on the application

Hello! Thank you! But I did tried reinstalling, it didn’t work

Try

Clear browsing data, flushing dns and restarting device.

@shbchk have you tried disabling Shields, and hardware acceleration?

I’m also curious as to what happens if you hit Ctrl+A (select all) on an affected site.

This should tell us if the text data really ‘are not there,’ vs. ‘they are there but I can’t see them’ since the cause could be different between the two outcomes.

@JimB1 Ctrl+A:

Ctrl+A+mouse drag:

@steeven Shield is off (and Ctrl+A):

That’s interesting. Brave.com looks okay, but the other websites are broken:

Huge shot in the dark, but there anything that might be applying a dark mode theme? Even up at the OS level.

Using Latest version [Version 1.42.97 Chromium: 104.0.5112.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)]
and there are no problems in Windows 8.1

Have you made any changes in the control panel ? or installed any new softwares/extensions on your pc ? That might be the issue

this latest update version has been made for a while like a week and since there has been no issues reported, the problem might be on your end. try recalling what changes you made to your pc and revert them back.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.