Brave closes unexpectedly

Description of the issue: Browser closing unexpectedly

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3. I don’t know what is triggering it, happens randomly.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

**Expected result:**To prevent Brave from unexpected closings

Reproduces how often: Happens quite often. Thinking of switching browser because of this.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu): Windows 11 [
Version 1.44.112 Chromium: 106.0.5249.119 (Official Build) (64-bit)

**Additional Information:**I don’t know what is causing it or how to reproduce it. But it is affecting my productivity very badly.

Hi @hotdebate, welcome to Community!

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing issues with Brave. We’re always working to improve.

Could you kindly share your Crash ID (found at brave://crashes/)

If the browser crashes on start, you can go to your file directory AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Crashpad\reports From there we can investigate what might be happening.

Thanks!

The browser closed two times today while I was using it. I don’t see the crash report for that. I see one from 5 days ago and another from last month. c0f95ead-dc5e-4ba4-9546-ada8f070ceaa and 8595bced-fcdc-4bb9-b556-35bd37489767

Thanks @hotdebate for taking the time to share those.

Have you updated to the latest version of Brave 1.45 since this issue has occurred and do you still see it persisting?
Do let me know thanks.

Brave updated automatically to 1.45. The issue still persists and when I go to brave://crashes after a browser closes unexpectedly I don’t see the crash logs.

brave closed again today while i was browsing netflix, and I could not see any crash reports when I went to brave://crashes

Hi @hotdebate thanks for sharing.

Are are experiencing this crash on 1.45.118?

I am having the same issue on Manjaro Linux. Crashes after a minute or so. I have sent crash logs. I am on 1.45.118 Crash ID: crash/a2530c00-f0bb-1809-0000-000000000000

@hotdebate @ogre14t
Could you rerun the installer and observe if the browser is still crashing?

Ok looks like this issue is being addressed and a fix is on it’s way for Linux

1 Like

This has been such a struggle for last week or so with the constant and ever sporadic crashes. I have tried to do clean installs, the crypto card fix, disable every single extension, new clean profile, even now testing using only nightly build, but still crashes. :weary:
And no crash log to view that might give idea what is cause, or that can submit. Last log was from like 5 days ago and must have crashed like 100 times sinces.

1 Like

I am facing the same issue, please help me, I really love Brave browser and I dont wanna go back to Chrome again.

The problem seems to have been resolved for now. I will update you if it happens again

1 Like

same issue here. happens already a couple of times since 3 weeks ago…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.