Brave Browser Page Cannot Be Resized

When using Brave Browser to download any file a “Save As” page is generated. This page goes full screen and cannot be resized. This is a problem because other pages cannot be viewed or accessed with the “Save As” page is open. Is there any setting to solve this problem?

1 Like

Check whether turning off/on the option will resolve the issue.

brave://settings/downloadsAsk where to save each file before downloading

2 Likes

If you are on Windows 10, you can minimize that screen from the bottom right corner.

1 Like

This method does not allow the option of where to save the file or what to name the file. The fact that the “Save As” page takes over the entire screen and cannot be resized to allow view of other pages that are open is such a problem that I may have to give up using Brave.

1 Like

I just wanted you to test whether turning off/on the option will resolve the issue, I didn’t recommend to stop using it.

Could you try what @ItzMeRajat suggested? I can resize the window itself on Windows 7 as well.

1 Like

I tried minimizing by using the arrow from the bottom right corner, bottom left corner, top right corner, top left corner, the top side, the bottom side, the right side, and the left side. All these Windows techniques work on any page and any browser EXCEPT Brave “Save As” page.

1 Like

In addition to not being able to resize the “Save As” screen, the screen cannot be moved out of the way of other screens.

1 Like

Check whether the issue persists in a new user profile.

Create a fresh user profile for testing purposes by following the instructions below. Note that I don’t recommend giving up on your current user profile, I want to verify whether the issue is related to your current user profile in some way.

1 Like

I guess something is wrong from your side, since I can do it:

1 Like

Finally figured it out. There was a small “Restore” icon in the upper left of the window. Clicked on this and no more locked “Save As” screen. Thanks for the help.

2 Likes