Brave Browser and Google Privacy issue NordVPN

I have found an issue with Brave Browser that I don’t have with either FF nor Opera.

With Brave:
When I’m connected to a NordVPN server and do a search for a business or chain store with Google, I get links for that business that are at my real location (not vpn) - yet when I go to an IP location site, it tells me that I’m at the location of the ip from the Nord server.

With the other browsers:
When I’m connected to a NordVPN server and do a search for a business or chain store with Google, I get links for that business which reflect my Nordvpn ip address location.

With Brave Browser there does not seem to be any cloaking with Google whatsoever by using any of the hundreds of Nord servers available :confused:

I tried tweaking Brave settings to the most security features - Also have the latest version.
(same was happening with previous versions) - what gives ?

Connecting through vpn and using google is always buggy, often I’ll see capchas because of the vpn detection (not a browser issue)

yes, agreed…but that is not the issue I’m having .

It could still be picking up cookies on the browser, try searching in private mode /and or clearing cookies.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.